Please note: Brand May Vary
Hydrocortisone Cream is a smooth white cream for application to the skin only. It contains hydrocortisone which belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. Hydrocortisone Cream is used to reduce inflammation in a variety of inflammatory skin conditions.
Always use this medicine exactly as instructed in this leaflet.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Not for use by children under 10 years of age without medical advice.
For application to the surface of the skin only:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
- Apply the cream sparingly to the affected area, once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days. Massage the cream gently into the affected area to help absorption into the skin.
- Once applied, do not cover the area with a dressing or plaster.
If the condition has not improved after 7 days, or worsens, consult your doctor.
If you use more Hydrocortisone Cream than you should
If you or a child accidentally swallow the cream, contact your doctor or nearest hospital immediately. Take the packet with you to help identification.
If you forget to use Hydrocortisone Cream
If you miss a treatment, apply the cream as soon as you remember, and apply the remaining doses for that day at evenly spaced intervals.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use Hydrocortisone Cream:
- If you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a bacterial infection (e.g. impetigo), viral infection (e.g. cold sores ‘herpes simplex’, chicken pox) or fungal infection (e.g. tinea, also called ‘athlete’s foot’, ringworm or thrush) of the skin.
- On your face or near your eyes, on the anal or genital region, or on broken skin.
Hydrocortisone Cream is not suitable for use in the following:
- Allergic skin reactions including temporary red or raised areas on your skin (short lived ‘wheal and flare’ reactions)
- Conditions involving the deeper skin layers, such as granulomas
- Psoriasis (long term scaly skin condition); only use this product on medical advice and with careful supervision by your doctor
Do not cover the area with a plaster or dressing of any kind after application of Hydrocortisone Cream.
Take great care to apply the cream sparingly to the skin of infants or children, especially in the nappy area which can be covered for long periods. Covering the treated area can increase absorption. Treatment for infants must not exceed 7 days.
Do not apply the product to your face for long periods of time.
If your condition worsens during use consult a pharmacist or doctor – you may be experiencing an allergic reaction, have an infection or your condition requires a different treatment.
If you experience a recurrence of your condition shortly after stopping treatment, within 2 weeks, do not restart using the cream/ointment without consulting a pharmacist or doctor. If your condition has resolved and on recurrence the redness extends beyond the initial treatment area and you experience a burning sensation please seek medical advice before restarting treatment.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.