Almus Constipation Relief 5mg Tablets are used for the short term relief of occasional constipation.
Tablet should be swallowed whole with water.
For constipation: Adults (including the elderly) 1 to 2 tablets daily. If you have not taken Constipation Relief 5mg Tablets Adult before, start with one tablet and increase to two if necessary.
When your bowel regularity has returned to normal, the dose should be reduced and be stopped.
Length of treatment:
These tablets should not be used every day for more than 5 days. If you need laxatives every day, then you should see your doctor to find the cause of your constipation. Overuse can be harmful.
Medicines, milk or anything that reduces stomach acid should not be taken one hour prior or ahead of taking this medication. This will stop the function of the constipation tablet.
The active ingredient (the ingredient which makes this medicine work) is bisacodyl. Each tablet contains 5mg of bisacodyl. The tablets also contain: lactose, maize starch, cellulose acetate phthalate, diethyl phthalate, sucrose, povidone, magnesium stearate, pregelatinised maize starch, talc, E171 (titanium dioxide) and E104 (quinoline yellow).
Do not take Almus Constipation Relief 5mg Tablets Adult if:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to bisacodyl or to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- Are intolerant to or cannot digest some sugars (as the tablet contains a small amount of lactose and sucrose)
- Have severe dehydration.
- Have a bowel condition called “ileus” (blockage in the intestine) • have a serious abdominal condition such as appendicitis.
- Have severe abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting.
- Have a blocked bowel (intestinal obstruction)
- Have inflammation of the bowel (small or large intestine)
Do not take this medicine if any of the above applies to you. Do not use it for children under the age of 18 years. If you are not sure, talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking this medicine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.