Acnecide Gel 5% is a topical medication formulated to treat mild to moderate acne. Its active ingredient, benzoyl peroxide, helps to reduce and prevent acne by targeting bacteria on the skin's surface and unclogging pores. The 5% concentration is designed for effective treatment while minimising irritation. This gel should be applied to clean, affected areas once or twice daily, following the provided instructions. It's advisable to start with a small amount and gradually increase usage to prevent excessive dryness or sensitivity. Consulting a healthcare professional before use, especially if combining with other acne treatments, is recommended.
Before each application, the skin should be cleaned and dried. Apply in a thin layer once or twice daily or as directed to the affected areas. Persons with sensitive skin should be directed to apply the gel once daily before going to bed. The extent of any drying or peeling may be adjusted by modifying the dosage schedule.
Active ingredients: Hydrous Benzoyl peroxide equivalent to Benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w
Also contains: Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, Colloidal anhydrous silica, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Acnecide.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose and other mucous surfaces such as the lining of your nose.
- If accidental contact should occur, rinse thoroughly with warm water. Acnecide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- Acnecide may cause swelling and blistering of the skin, if any of these symptoms occur, use of the product should be discontinued.
- This product may bleach hair and coloured fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen.
- Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials.
- Please make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly after you have used it.
- Caution should be exercised when applying Acnecide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Avoid repeated exposure to sunlight or other sources of UV light (e.g. sun bed)
Other medicines and Acnecide:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. You should not use medicines with peeling, irritant and drying effects at the same time as Acnecide.
- Do not use Acnecide with any other acne products that are used on the skin, unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you that you can, as this may cause your skin to become red and very sore.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding, do not use this product unless your doctor has told you that you can.
- Avoid using this product if you are breast-feeding unless your doctor has told you otherwise. If your doctor has recommended the use of this product while you are breast-feeding, you must not apply the gel onto your chest, this is to avoid exposure of your child to this product. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.