The FreeStyle Libre 2 is an advanced continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system designed to assist individuals with diabetes in managing their blood sugar levels more effectively. It consists of a small, discreet sensor worn on the skin that measures glucose levels continuously throughout the day and night. Users can obtain real-time glucose readings by scanning the sensor with a compatible reader or smartphone app, eliminating the need for routine finger stick tests. The system also provides customisable alarms to alert users to high or low glucose levels, promoting better diabetes management and improved quality of life for those with the condition.
- Preparing the Sensor:
- Before applying the sensor, ensure that the area where you plan to attach it is clean, dry, and free from creams, lotions, or oils.
- Gather the necessary equipment: the sensor pack, alcohol wipes, and the FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or compatible smartphone app.
- Applying the Sensor:
- Open the sensor pack carefully, and remove the sensor from its protective packaging.
- Using an alcohol wipe, clean the application site and allow it to dry completely.
- Attach the sensor to the cleaned area, ensuring it is firmly pressed against the skin. Hold it in place for a few seconds to secure it.
- Starting the Sensor:
- Activate the sensor by scanning the sensor's QR code using the FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or smartphone app. This initiates the sensor and starts glucose monitoring.
- Scanning and Getting Readings:
- To obtain glucose readings, you can either scan the sensor with the FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or use a compatible smartphone app if you've set it up.
- Hold the reader or smartphone close to the sensor to initiate the scan. You'll receive a real-time glucose reading, as well as information about trends in your blood sugar levels.
- Configuring Alarms (Optional):
- If desired, you can set up alarms to notify you of high or low glucose levels. Follow the instructions provided in the user manual or app settings to customise alarms based on your preferences.
- Managing Data:
- Regularly scan the sensor to monitor your glucose levels throughout the day. This data can help you make informed decisions about your diabetes management.
- Replacing the Sensor:
- The FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor typically needs to be replaced every 14 days. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for safely removing and disposing of the old sensor, then apply a new one following the steps above.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.