Avoca is used for removing warts including verrucas and excess tissue, for example, tissue that forms during the healing process of wounds. Avoca works by destroying tissue on the surface layers of warts and verrucas.
- Put a single drop of clean water on a non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup.
- Place the tip in the drop of water. Gently move the tip in the water for 20 seconds.
- The drop of water now contains Avoca and the tip is coated in water containing Avoca.
- Do not allow the water or tip to touch healthy skin, clothing, furniture or other surfaces.
- Protect healthy skin around the area to be treated with a thin layer of petroleum jelly.
- Use the tip to transfer the water to the surface of the area to be treated. Make sure the whole area to be treated is covered with the water. Do not rub the tip on the area or use pressure on the tip. If the tip breaks, make sure all pieces are recovered and disposed of in paper tissue.
- Allow the treated area to dry before contact with any other surface. The treated area will be stained black after a short period of time.
- Using a paper tissue, dry the tip of the pencil and the remains of the drop of water. Dispose of the paper tissue.
- Over time, any surface touched by the water or wet tip may be stained black. Stains on the skin will disappear after several days
- After 24 hours, the black surface of the treated area should be filed away with a course nail buffer or fine emery board.
- The remaining wart/verruca should be treated again
The active ingredient contained in Avoca: Silver nitrate
Avoca also contains the following inactive ingredients: Potassium nitrate
Very fragile tip, use with care, and as per leaflet, DO NOT apply pressure Human use only.Used for removing granulation tissue, warts (including verrucae), for cautery and as a caustic.
Full details about Avoca please see the Patient Information of the side of the product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.